Find out more about Social Media Management Software
What is Social Media Management Software?
Social media management software (SMMS) is used by companies to engage prospects and customers on social media networks. The software can be used to track inbound and outbound brand mentions, social marketing campaigns, and the effectiveness of social media presence.
Basic SMMS software enables a company to combine multiple social media accounts, and track and analyze conversations using a single dashboard. Web-based SMMS solutions enable automated and real time posting to multiple channels, and you can post the same content on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook with a few clicks. These platforms allow companies to monitor social media chatter and learn about the preferences of customers.
Large enterprises can use advanced SMMS apps to build social media influence by tracking online engagements for brand knowledge and sentiment. These sophisticated solutions allow social media managers to track the messages prospects are reading and sharing. They can integrate this info with business intelligence and marketing systems to ensure their company meets vertical-specific compliance regulations.
Most Popular Social Media Management Software
Best Social Media Management Software
How To Choose The Best Social Media Management Software
Social media management software (SMMS) helps freelancers and companies to make the most of their social media presence and boost their publicity and brand image. However, choosing the right software for your needs is a headache as there are scores of equally good apps available. Learn pointers and effective tips from this buyer’s guide to evaluate the pros and cons of this type of software to select a suitable one for your business.
Get to know each product with free trial
A good way to start your search is by signing up for the free trial of top apps. This will give you the chance to test ride their features at no cost and gauge whether the application fits your needs. You can start by checking out if the following list of popular SMMS applications offer a free trial: Tweetdeck, Facebook Pages Manager, Buffer, Hootsuite, and Sprout Social.
- Social media agencies can make use of a SMMS program to get an in-depth view of their clients’ social media campaigns.
- Small and medium-sized businesses can use social media listening tools to stay in touch with their customer base.
- Large enterprises and multinational organizations can use advanced SMMS tools to ensure their social media efforts scale in size to keep up with their constant growth and expansion.
What are Examples of Social Media Management Software?
- Tweetdeck: Gives the Twitter experience more flexibility by allowing you to view multiple timelines in one simple interface.
- Facebook Pages Manager: Pages Manager helps admins connect with their prospects and followers and keep up with activity on multiple pages, all in one place.
- Buffer: Makes it very easy to share any page you’re reading.
- Hootsuite: Manage and schedule posts to multiple social media profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and more.
- Sprout Social: A social media management tool designed to help small business firms and large companies expand their social media presence.
Types of Social Media Management Software
- Social Listening Software: This is used to learn what is said about your company, your competitors, and your category in social media. Top vendors include Crimson Hexagon, Meltwater Buzz, and Lithium.
- Social Conversation Software: It is used to respond efficiently to queries posed to your company in social media and find real-time opportunities to offer help. Key players include Argyle Social, Awareness, and Attensity.
- Social Marketing Software: You can use this program to create Facebook apps, manage creative assets on YouTube and other channels, and launch and run promotions. Top players include Buddy Media, Hearsay Social, and EngageSciences.
- Social Analytics Software: This type helps you learn how effective your social media efforts are, both overall as well as on specific networks. Popular vendors include Adobe/Omniture, Simply Measured, and People Browsr.
- Social Influencer Software: Helps you learn about social media followers who show keen interest in or are influential about a specific subject. You can know about their spheres of influence and passions. Top vendors include Appinions, Klout, and GroupHigh.
Key Features of Social Media Management Software
- Social Ads: You can publicize brand and community news and stories. Reach followers by social profile and activity and optimize your social ad campaigns in real-time.
- Social Sharing: You can add smart social share buttons to your content and campaigns. Monitor who is sharing your content and driving conversions.
- Social Campaigns: You can schedule automated posts to multiple social accounts. Integrate with URL shortening services and measure retweets, replies, comments, and likes.
- Social engagement: Social apps such as referral programs, sweepstakes, and polls can boost audience engagement on your emails, Facebook pages, landing pages, and website.
- Social analytics: This feature helps to learn about customer sentiment and you can identify trends to better serve the needs of your customers.
Benefits of Social Media Management Software
- Get deep insight on customer behavior and satisfaction.
- Track your competition and the social chatter about their brands.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to complaints and criticism.
- Collect vital data from your social media followers and customer base.
- Manage multiple social media accounts on various networks.
- Keep up with social engagement by giving your customers full access to your direct channels.
- Manage customer relationships by giving a personalized response to each customer query. Track their conversation history to personalize each interaction and experience.
- Use a SMMS program to streamline team collaboration so that multiple agents do not reply to the same message. You can also ensure nothing falls through the cracks and gets missed.
- Boost social accountability and ensure rogue employees and hackers do not publish damaging content that can affect your brand.
Actual real-time engagement
Customers are increasingly expecting faster response times to their messages and especially their complaints. But in 2015, seven out of eight messages did not get replies even after 72 hours. Make sure your company responds to social media messages promptly by making use of advanced social listening and automation features offered by the latest SMMS apps.
Live streaming video is becoming popular
Customers want quicker access to real-time, offline events. Apps such as Meerkat and Periscope have made live streaming video popular for social media marketing. Live videos show an unedited and unfiltered view of your company’s world which consumers are interesting in knowing and therefore make use of them to boost your social media strategy.
Social commerce is the buzzword
Engaged customers give you more sales. Social influences can have a deeper impact on consumers’ purchase decisions compared to retail websites. In 2014, social media influenced sales of about $3.3 billion in the US. As a result, social networks are creating more commerce-focused tools for advertisers and marketers. Make sure you incorporate these tools in your content and social media strategies.
Managing multiple social media accounts
Companies can have trouble managing their social media accounts on multiple networks. This is where accomplished SMMS suites are a big help as they can help you link and manage your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and other accounts in a single place to save you plenty of valuable time.
Identifying areas that need improvement
To improve your social media profiles, you need to learn which areas require enhancement. There are tools available for this purpose. For example, you can use Likealyzer to evaluate your Facebook page and get an overall score. This app will provide you helpful suggestions for improvement.
Where to find cool information and articles for sharing
This is a common issue. Use an RSS reader named Feedly to track your favorite blogs. It notifies you when you a new blog post is created. You can subscribe to interesting blogs to stay updated on industry trends and share useful information and articles with your social media followers.
List of Social Media Management Software Companies
Page last modified
Our review platform employs our unique SmartScore™ approach to evaluate all the products in the Social Media Management Software category in orded to help you select the best possible solution. It compares and contrasts the following factors: main modules, collaboration capabilities, custom elements, integrations with other services, simplicity, help & support, how secure a software is, support for smartphones and tablets, ratings in media. Currently, Facebook Pages Manager is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. Following detailed examination it had the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the options for your needs.
An overview of total user satisfaction with the solutions in our Social Media Management Software category based on our unique algorythm that gathers customer reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media sites to help you make an informed purchase choice.
Every vendor in the Social Media Management Software category will offer a different group of pricing packages for its app and every plan will include a varied group of elements. Below we list the overal pricing for the most affordable plan available for each service. Please note that advanced features may have an extra cost.
An overview of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by all B2B services in the Social Media Management Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Check what languages and countries are served by the popular B2B solutions in the Social Media Management Software category, including solutions intended for international markets and created for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Learn which pricing plans are provided by the vendors in the Social Media Management Software category to check which one suits your business needs and expenses best. Keep in mind that specific services can support free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
An overview of which types of companies a specific B2B service in the Social Media Management Software category aims for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
An overview of what types of product deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the Social Media Management Software category. Even though the majority of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-hosted certain services might offer an on-site deployment model as well.